Thursday, February 26, 2009

What made my childhood bearable???

My favorite thing of the week is here again...Mama Kats writing assignment, here are this weeks prompts....



1.) For your birthday a sibling has decided to have the first six months of your blog printed and bound. Write a forward for the book.



2.) Write a 26-line poem using all the letters of the alphabet, where the first line starts with the letter "A," the second "B," the third "C," etc., culminating with the final line starting with "Z."(writersdigest.com)



3.) Start your story with, "In retrospect, I wouldn't say it was my best idea." And end it with, "And that's how I attempted to make this world a better place.(writersdigest.com)



4.) What would the truth have done? Write about a time when honesty was NOT the best policy.(writingfix.com)



5.) What made your childhood bearable? Write about it.



I have choose to do #5. What made your childhood bearable? This is an easy question for me to answer. Although my grandparents are close runner ups my sister is what made my childhood bearable. Our parents were divorced when I was three and she was only three months. From the time I can remember we have been looking out for each other. Even though I torchered her at times as you read from last weeks assignment, I was the only one allowed to do so. I can't even begin to explain how she made my childhood bearable. We have a bond that only sisters can have. The kind of bond that at its worst is more than you could ask for. I love my parents but being divorced things were not always the easiest on us. Sometimes we felt torn between them and I become much of a people pleaser wanting everyone to be happy. My sister on the other hand was the opposite, she felt what she felt and didn't apologize for it. Even though we are almost complete opposites we have always been close. Some of my best memories were spent riding our horses at Grandmas and being completely silly. We would do things that only we thought were funny and spend hours riding up and down the same dirt road. The days of being a kid are long gone and yet the closeness we share is as strong as ever. She is my go to person, the one person that even if I am wrong she will do her best to side with me. I could call her in the middle of night for any reason big or small and I know she would be there for me. My husband sometimes gets a little upset that I say this because he feels like he should be that person. In some ways he is but I try to tell him that she has been there my whole life and there is an unconditional love there that cant be broken. I love you sis, I cant imagine my life without you, your the best sister anyone could ask for.



Bridget_19

5 comments:

  1. This is so sweet. I adore having sisters....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a sweet post. I love that sentiment, and I wish that my relationship with my sister were half as close.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet. I love this post.

    http://psp3000-psp-wallpapers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful thoughts about your relationship with your sister! It's so great to have someone who you can always count on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The more you learn, the more you know,
    The more you know, the more you forget
    The more you forget, the less you know
    So.. why learn.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments, I love comments.