Sunday, February 1, 2009

Thanks Dad your the Best!


So to trying to make a long story short, my Dad and I have not always had the relationship we have now. Thanks to getting married and building a house I now have a much closer relationship with him. My dad knows that Eric and I love to sleep in and that I also like reading the Sunday paper but rarely do because I don't go get it. My dad gets up early everyday and often drives by our house and always says, "I drove by at 6a.m. and it didn't look like anyone was awake." Although he already knows we wont be. So this morning my Dad called at like 10:30 and said,

"What are you doing Bubb?" (That's what my family and some friends call me).

I said, "I'm in bed drinking coffee."

Then he asked, "are you reading your paper?"

I was like, "no, is it on my porch?!"

Dad said, "no its in your mailbox...enjoy."

Me, "Thank you, thank you."

As I put on my boots and practically skipped to the mailbox we chatted some more about my lil brothers first sleep over, when Eric would be home from work and a few other random things. To most people this is really no big deal but this small act made my day! Thanks again Dad! Sorry I cant tell a short story I did my best.

Bridget_19

3 comments:

  1. Aren't Dad's the best?!? :-) Glad you take the time to recognize and enjoy what your Dad does for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous of your day off and your sweet Dad...

    On a another note...people still read the paper these days??

    ReplyDelete
  3. mama kat,lol...only on sundays IF my dad brings it.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments, I love comments.