Sunday, August 16, 2009

I'm Proud to be an American.

On Thursday my Mom, cousin and cousin in law left for our trip to Great Lakes Naval Base to watch my cousin Morgan graduate from her Navy Recruit Training Program. It was a long drive up but so very worth it. I have never been to a military graduation so I didn't know what to expect but it exceeded every expectation that I had. We got randomly picked to go through a security check where we had to get out of the car and have the car searched which was really no big deal they were very nice about the whole process. Finally we got into where the graduation would be held and we all anxiously awaited the recruits to enter. It was absolutely the greatest thing I have ever seen. I cant even explain it, I wish I could because it was amazing. The flags, the band, the chorus (which Morgan was part of) the marching in perfect uniform. I loved it. There were over 700 graduates which made me so proud of all these young men and women who will leave their families to serve our great country. After graduation was over we made our way down to see Morgan searching our way through a sea of white uniforms. When we finally got to her it was such a proud moment, there were hugs and kisses and a few tears. Of course we all had a ton of questions so we made our way to a little restaurant so we could all try and catch up in the little time we had. Morgan's Mom, brother, almost step-Dad and step-sister were staying the weekend but we had to make our way home. It was so nice to see Morgan happy, even excited to start her A school training. She seemed so proud to belong to this new Navy family and it made my heart beam with joy. She has worked so hard to get here even with all the things she's been faced with the last few years. So on a finale note...Morgan, I am so proud of you and love you so much...and a big thank you and God bless to all the military men and women and their families.





Bridget_19

4 comments:

  1. This is the beginning of Morgan's wonderful Naval story... can't wait to hear more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got to experience it. The only thing that tops a graduation is a homecoming from a deployment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Morgan. And Mrs. R said it best.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments, I love comments.