Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

I hope that some of you that read my blog are having better weather wherever you may be because here in Illinois where I live its raining! Not just a sprinkle either a down pour at this moment. The small town that I live in always has a big 4th of July celebration, probably the biggest in our area. There's usually a parade, food, games, beer, oh and fireworks! I have been going to it my whole life, alot like all the other people I grew up with. Its kinda like a tradition you don't really want to miss. Its a great time to see friends you haven't seen for awhile because lots of people come home just to go to the park for the 4th of July. This is the first year that even my Dad can remember that they may not be able to have our parade. Right now I just keep watching the radar to see any break in the rain. It doesn't look good! We keep getting phone calls from family and friends asking if we know what they are going to do about the parade! People from our town and even surrounding towns won't know what to do if we cant go watch the parade. I know we seem really pathetic but this small town has been having a big 4th celebration for about 100 years so that's a big deal! That's one thing I love about living in a small town and going to a small school....the traditions it keeps for years and years. Hope you all have a great and safe 4th of July and I will hope the rain stops just long enough to get some festivities in.
Bridget_19

2 comments:

Please leave comments, I love comments.