Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A double standard...I think so.

I know that everywhere we look there are double standards.

I know that are not always fair but that's the way it is.

At the little bar in the town where I live you are bound to have them.

So tonight when my girlfriend ask me to go and have one drink and I mean one drink at the bar I agree and we head up there. It takes literally 30 seconds cause that's how close I live to it. Its kinda like the bar on Cheers where everyone knows your name and if they don't know yours they know your Dads. Anyway we walk in and there are about 12 people in there, I mean 12 guys some older and a few younger. We say hello and get our drinks and then we get a few "what are you guys doing up here" questions. No biggie I guess just small talk and nosiness. Then my girlfriend and I are going to step outside and smoke (which I only do when I am drinking or socially with her, I know shes a bad influence. Love you Minda) Anyway a few of the guys that know Eric are like Bridget you better not I'm gonna tell on you. Now I know that they are just giving me a hard time but I have to wonder......Would those same guys even wonder why Eric was at the bar with out me or tease him about doing something I may not like? Probably not which is where the double standard comes in. Its perfectly acceptable for a husband to go have a drink after work with his buddies to get time away from his wife but not okay for a wife to do the same. Don't get me wrong I don't agree with sitting at the bar all night with out your significant other but lets keep the double standards to a minimum:)

1 comment:

  1. Men and women will never be equal. There are SO many double standards...but I think a lot of people support them and that's why they're still around.

    Boo.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments, I love comments.