Saturday, June 27, 2009

Moonshine

Today Eric and I traveled about 40 miles to a place called Moonshine, IL. It is literally out in the middle of nowhere with a population of 2. We heard about this place about a year ago from some friends. They were telling us it was the place to get the best hamburger around. People come from all over the United States to taste these hamburgers, even CBS. Since it was so close we decided to check it out for ourselves. We were a little afraid that because of all the hype we would be disappointed but that wasn't the case. As we drove up we were shocked by all the cars and bikes there. I was like wow people do drive from everywhere to eat these burgers. As we walked in you could smell the burgers already. People were everywhere so we figured out where to place our order and then waited. I thought it would take forever by the look of the crowd but just minutes later we had our cheese burgers. After we dressed them up the way we like we went outside and found a picnic table to sit down and eat. Wow.....yum, yum, they were awesome burgers!! I cant really explain what they tasted like but they were such good hamburgers! I recommend anyone thats close to the area to check this place out, we will defiantly be going back. Also while your in the area you can check out Cameo Vineyards.

3 comments:

  1. OK...now I want a burger!!!!! I don't live anywhere near there though. bummer.

    I am new to your blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for finding my blog. When I get back up that way I'll have to find that place and give those burgers a try! Glad you enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds very good. I'll have to see if the hubby wants to go when he comes home.

    Thanks for your kind words on my blog.

    Have a good week!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments, I love comments.