Tuesday, May 26, 2009

How do we have this much crap?


I cant believe it but my husband and his sister have talked me into having a yard sale! Just so you know I HATE yard sales, or garage sales whatever you call them from where you're from. Anyway, as Eric and I use a rainy afternoon to go through some things in our basement I find myself asking, "where did we have all this crap in our small apartment?" Eric has a bad habit of keeping things but even he let go of some stuff and allowed me to throw some things away. However we had to try to sell a very old pair of Doc Martins for .50 cents when I really wanted to trash them. The nice thing about going through all your junk is we found old pictures from back when we were young and in high school. It was definitely a trip down memory lane. It was also amazing to me how much our decorating taste has changed. Things I just had to have for our apartment I am like, eww I cant believe I loved that so much. I am so thankful for the perspective going through your old things can give you. In the end after I complained about having to do it I earned alot more than a couple of Bridget_19bucks I'll make on a yard sale.

2 comments:

  1. We've never had a garage sale, but are prepping for one next month. I look forward to finding out why people hate doing them so much. We have SOOOOO much crap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. G'luck! I hope you make a ton of money!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments, I love comments.