Tuesday, December 22, 2009

This and that


Bridget_19The other day at work Maria and I were talking about how we have been doing hair almost ten years. It seems crazy that I have been doing anything for that long but I have. We started talking about clients we have had in the past and our current ones and then inevitably started talking about the clients who we don't see anymore. Some people constantly shop hop so its not unusual to see them a few months in row and then not see them for a few, that happens and you don't think much of it. The ones you do think about are the ones that came to you for years and you felt like everything was going well and then all of a sudden they cancel their next appointment and then you don't see them again. We joked that it almost feels like getting broke up with. The thing is there could be a million reasons they aren't coming to you but you always wonder. Did I say something to offend them, were they completely unhappy with their hair? What did I do? I realize that people don't need to tell their hair stylist why they left them but it does leave some of us wondering what we could do to improve. I am a huge people pleas er so it has been a work in progress to not dwell on why people stop coming to me as their stylist. Anyway just a little of this and that in the mind of a hairdresser.

4 comments:

  1. I can't imagine going to anyone else. You make me look fabulous! And I get the added bonus of therapy during my cut & color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to the same hairdresser for almost 12 years. Then she broke her arm and had to take time off. Once she was ready to get back to work, I decided that I didn't want to get my hair highlighted anymore (well for that time being). Then I just ended up never going back. It wasn't that she was bad at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My name is Angie....I am a hairdresser in Newton(used to own The Main Cut in Dieterich)....that was well said. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought about breaking up with my hair dresser awhile back but it was because she is becoming too hard to make an appointment with. Fo

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments, I love comments.