Saturday, December 19, 2009

Im like a kid......I LOVE CHRISTMAS!

There is no denying it, I love Christmas! I love everything about it. I love the hustle and bustle, the decorations, the parties, all the lights and obviously celebrating the whole reason for this Holiday. Since I can remember Christmas has been a happy time. A time that even if things weren't going great they began to look up at Christmas. If family members were fighting or what have you that put that all to the side for the Christmas Season. The other night Eric and I were reminiscing about Christmas memories and it made me feel so warm inside, like I was smiling from the inside out. I am not ewwy and gooey about many things but Christmas I am. If I could afford it my house would be so decorated it would belong at the North Pole. I am big on Christmas traditions and try my hardest to keep them as long as I can. Christmas Eve has always been spent with my Dad and his side of the family. We used to do it at my Grandparents but since they have both passed we now do it at my house. Being at my Grandma Bonnies for Christmas is some of the fondest memories I have. We would arrive at Grandmas early and start getting ready for the celebration later that night. We would make cookies and practice for our "Annual Christmas Concert." I am not exaggerating to say that I was 19 years old when this tradition stopped. At that time a few of the younger cousins had taken over most of it but us 4 older ones still played a part. Christmas morning we would open presents with Mom and then head to our other Grandparents house and wait for the madness to begin. It was a whole different story at this grandparents. We didnt put on a concert or bake cookies but still have great memories of all of my cousins and I playing with our toys and when the weather was right sledding. We had a gift exchange each year and we are such a big family it really was madness when we all started opening gifts. Now so many traditions have ceased or changed in some ways but the feeling I get at Christmas remains the same. It makes me feel more thankful for all my blessings, and there is nothing better than remembering back to past Christmas's when I was a child.
Bridget_19

2 comments:

  1. I hope you have a great holiday this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas traditions do seem to change. But, I work hard to make some new ones for my family.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments, I love comments.